Pico 7 constant crashing totally unusable today

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Jlperformance

Pico 7 constant crashing totally unusable today

Post by Jlperformance »

So as per the title pico 7 was virtually unusable today it was the first day i have tried to force myself to use it and it didn't go well.
Wanted to use the pico maths channel for crank sensor rpm could attain a crank sensor waveform if you entered the maths channel menu clicked crank 60 idle instantly pico would close and attempt to restart eventually gave up and went back to pico 6.

This evening wanted to analyse some waveforms from today pico 7 wouldn't even open them with the same issue of constant restarting , had to open six and open the waveforms from there instead of letting it default open in 7 to get the waveform to be viewable.

I must have sent a huge amount of error reports today because of this so i appologise to who ever has to deal with them
https://youtu.be/ZepMN6NGFfk

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico 7 constant crashing totally unusable today

Post by Martyn »

Can you confirm which version of PicoScope 7 Automotive you are using, the information is available in More-AboutPicoScope7

You may improve the stability by deleting the contents of the AppData folder, specifically the files

preferences.xml
lastsessions.pssettings
crashpreferences.xml

in C:\Users\{WindowsLoginName}\AppData\Local\Pico Technology\a7bc36b3-3193-4ae9-9c2d-1253c1ec3048\
Martyn
Technical Support Manager