Hotfix and update files

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Romeo26222

Hotfix and update files

Post by Romeo26222 »

Dear Picoscope admin,
I am a new user for your great device, and I have a question about Picoscope software updates, I can see that to update the software to latest version I need to download the whole software installation file again, can you add in-app update feature to only update the required files like in windows and mobile phones etc. instead of downloading the installer again for minor updates at least.
Regards.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hotfix and update files

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the suggestion.

I will add this as a new feature request and feedback on the response of the software teams as I am sure there will be a valid reason why a new install is required. ("We live and learn together")

Thank you again, take care......Steve

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

I don’t think going into consumer’s market way of updating makes any sense for the wider industry.
Industry wants reliability and rock solid products. If 150MB runs higher risk of bugs, industry will not want it.

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by picowight »

^ What they said.
PS7 is already seems crash prone, even more so after last update 11854 - though possibly coincidence.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello I hope all are well?

Just some feedback regarding the suggestion for "minor updates" made above:

Unfortunately this would be complex and involve a major change to our builds and deployment mechanisms at present

With that said, the suggestion has not been deleted but "parked" for future discussions

Rest assured if there are any further developments I will post here and of course here topic22097.html

I hope this helps, take care......Steve