Update deleted custom probes

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Update deleted custom probes

Post by picowight »

I had half a dozen custom probes set up, upgraded to latest windows version on my everyday laptop and it has deleted them all.
This the the stable version not the EA. :(
Is there a way to stop this happening as that is a lot of work to re-do them all.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Update deleted custom probes

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post, sorry for the late reply

Could I clarify what happened during the update?

Was this a Windows update and not a PS7 update?

If a Windows update, what versions were involved (i.e. from what version did you update from and what version do we have now)

If this was a PS7 update, from what version did you update from and what version do we have now?

Could you indicate if you lost any other features like Custom Start up settings & Custom Math channels etc.

Once again, sorry for all the questions, it will help with the diagnosis

Take care.....Steve

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Update deleted custom probes

Post by picowight »

Hi Steve
This was a Picoscope 7 update to 7.0.93.1184 probably from the one before. I just said do the update, come back to use the software on a customers car the next day and my custom 30 amp clamp setting has gone along with my pressure sensors x 3, a 600A clamp, the clip on distributor sensor etc. ie all the custom probes I had set up. :cry:
Pretty sure the Linux update did the same but I 95%of the time I am just looking at/manipulating files previously taken on the Windows laptop so not sure if I had the custom probes saved.