Hello!

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Bhanley89

Hello!

Post by Bhanley89 »

Hello!

My name is Brandon and I am a 32 year old mobile automotive programmer who has recently started tackling some of the heavier diagnostic jobs. I am very new to Pico, and oscilloscope usage in general. I have a Pico 4425A and WPS500 and am diligently trying to incorporate it into my personal self-taught diagnostic procedures. I understand the value of these tools but am stuck in old ways of a more hands on approach on diagnostics. I have found, doing mobile diagnostics, that pulling timing covers isn't always the best approach to confirming a mechanical timing issue (among several other things).

I have recently found myself greatly humbled when trying to use the Pico. I still struggle with set-up and general usage, but I hope to one day use the Pico with confidence. I feel that adding the Pico to my arsenal of diagnostic ammunition is going to be a major key in taking the next step in my career and personal goals.

That being said, I am drawn to this forum to share my daily experiences and hope to find use of and in the future, add to, the current waveform library. I also hope to be able to network with like-minded individuals who share the same passion for fixing automobiles and other mechanical machines as I do. I absolutely love what I do, and I find the challenges and problems fascinating.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to future conversations!

- Brandon

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Brandon, thank you for the intro and welcome to the forum.

You have Pico and you have passion and that's going to carry you onwards and upwards as you develop

I too feel humbled every day reading when reading, researching or listening to likeminded technicians who are unknowingly pushing the envelop of what we do

This forum contains a wealth of knowledge and experience in which to share our journeys regardless of how small or large they maybe.

One tip from me, please don't try to retain it all, you will simply burst! Having a filing system where you can call upon the data, case studies, articles and forum posts etc. when required will pay dividends long term

Here is an example that I hope you will find useful topic15231.html

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve

Bhanley89

Post by Bhanley89 »

Thank you for the welcome! The advice is much appreciated!

mikeauto99

Post by mikeauto99 »

Hello, I have a pico 4225 and it works awesome!