Upgrade for new Waveform Library support

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
PicoBarney
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Upgrade for new Waveform Library support

Post by PicoBarney »

Hi all,

Further to our previous announcements and notifications regarding support for the Waveform Library within PicoScope 7 Automotive, we can confirm that we will switch over to a totally new platform on Thursday the 14th of July 2022. On and after this date, you will need to upgrade to a suitable version of PicoScope 7 Automotive to continue using it.

The new, totally redeveloped, PicoScope 7 Automotive waveform library has all the features of the old library as well as better search performance, and upload/download capabilities. We believe it is a significant step forward from the old library and hope it helps you to unlock your diagnostic problems even more quickly and easily.

Best regards,
Barney

Choppered&Whoppered

Re: Upgrade for new Waveform Library support

Post by Choppered&Whoppered »

Is there a primer that effectively might spell out the process for uploading a known-good waveform? I recently made a capture and would like to share it, but having never done this before, I don't know where to start.

Zsolt

Post by Zsolt »

Üdvözletem! Kérdésem az lenne hogyan tudnám letölteni a PicoScope 7 szoftvert úgy hogy teljesen alapértelmezett legyen? Mert az IDŐBÁZIS gombnál nekem a SCOPE felirat jelenik meg. Ezért szeretném törölni a szoftvert, és az én saját beállításaimat nélkül alapértelmezettként újra letölteni mert a frissítéssekkel sem oldódott meg a probléma eddig.
Köszönettel : Szalai Zsolt

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello "Choppered&Whoppered " I hope you are well? Sorry for the delayed reply

The following video from Ben will guide you through the Reference Waveform Library (RWL) functionality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4YPL-zmZw4&t=1s

Moving on, please forgive my poor Hungarian language skills Zsolt and equally any misinterpretation of the question

Which versions of PS7 auto do you have installed at present? Stable, Early Access or both?

Could you provide the version numbers?

If you only have stable, then downloading Early Access will install as a completely new App with default settings (and vice-versa if you only have Early Access and install Stable)

Would it be possible to include a short video demonstrating the probelm you are experiencing?

You can use support@picotech.com if preferred

I hope this helps, take care.....Steve

accchris

Post by accchris »

Am I missing something?
I just cannot find the Waveform Library in Pico7
Just downloaded the latest version and still no option for the Library.

Help please😢

accchris

Post by accchris »

Update to previous post I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pico 7 again.
Still no option to go to the library :roll:

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

What scope are you using?

Do not forget that you need an automotive scope connected in order to access the WFL and use your forum login as your WFL login.

Kev.

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hi accchris,
The waveform library is in the side panel menu after you click on "More..." button.
Both EA and Stable version have it there.
WF Library button.jpg
You need to have the Automotive scope connected otherwise you get this reminder window.
WF Library no connected scope.jpg
Just make sure you are using the automotive version from Picoauto.com and not accidentally installed the Non-Automotive from Picotech.com as they are not the same.
Link here:
https://www.picoauto.com/downloads
Hope it is what you have asked for.
Regards.
Roman

FioranoCars
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by FioranoCars »

Hi Pico Support
A few questions about the Library ...
First is there now, or planned to be a Private verse Public feature, so that you can keep confidential some waveforms? While sharing others? Typically this would be useful for blank templates and work in progress etc?
Second, is there any plan for an offline private library manager? To allow searching of private files not uploaded to the cloud?
Last, is there any size limit to files uploaded?
Thanks, Richard

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Richard and thank you for the post, sorry for the late reply

I will feedback ASAP on the Private RWL and WM as an in-depth discussion is required with the software teams

This has been requested prior for similar reasons (I like the blank template idea)

Regarding the maximum file size upload, we are working on improving the limit and removing any confusion but what we have now is a max of 64 MB (file size approximation is not always correct)

In addition, the file size is slightly increased when uploading, so a file size of 63 MB may become 70 MB by the time we come to upload and of course fails to upload

We can reduce file sizes by only uploading the waveforms of interest, i.e., the current waveform displayed during saving, a sequential group of waveforms (e.g. Waveforms 1 to 5 of 36 captured) or selected waveforms (e.g. Waveforms 1, 3 and 5 of 36 captured)

The following link will help viewtopic.php?p=100500#p100500

Take care……Steve