'Properties' feature from PicoScope 6 ?

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
schredder

'Properties' feature from PicoScope 6 ?

Post by schredder »

Is the Properties view (PicoScope 6: View > Properties) available in PicoScope 7 ?
I find it is useful to display the date, sample info (rate,interval,etc). and which device was used during trace capture. So far, I am unable to find this info in PicoScope 7 (as of version 7.0.93.10998).
Thanks and Sorry if I missed this topic if covered already!

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: 'Properties' feature from PicoScope 6 ?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

I totally agree with the “View Properties” pane within PS6 being moved to PS7 as this was always useful from a support point of view too.

We do have a number of "Properties" features available in PS7 at present but in various locations

Click on More > About PicoScope 7 to reveal the Scope model and Serial number used to acquire the loaded capture
Image 1
Image 1
As yet, no time or date stamp accompanies this dialog box (This has been logged as a New Feature Request)

For the “Sample interval” used for the loaded capture, you can find this by clicking on the Timebase lozenge when your loaded capture is displayed on screen
Image 2
Image 2

For the current capture, the Sample Interval is displayed within the Timebase tab for the current capture
Image 3
Image 3
Sorry, I appreciate this is a little clunky as it would be ideal to have all this valuable information in one location, rest assured we are working on a solution

I hope this helps, take care……Steve

schredder

Post by schredder »

Greetings,
Yes, it does help. I will share this information with colleagues as we were searching the menus together recently.

Thank You!

Grant_Baker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Grant_Baker »

Steve Smith wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:56 pm
Click on More > About PicoScope 7 to reveal the Scope model and Serial number used to acquire the loaded capture
Steve,

I tried this using PS7 Stable 7.0.80.9125. The software version shown is the current version of PS7 on the PC used to open the .psdata file. The scope model and serial number are what is currently connected...or shows demo. This is the same in the print feature, with the current date and time in the print feature.

Grant

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the posts

Sorry, I should have clarified the version I used to provide the above screen shots (Version 7.0.103.11746 EA) as seen in image 1 (The version used to open the file displayed)

The displayed Scope Model and Serial number belong to the device used to capture the loaded psdata file as no scope was connected to my laptop. (Demo mode)

What would be ideal is to include the software version number that was used to capture loaded files which is certainly under discussion

Could you retest with Version 7.0.103.11746 EA Grant just to confirm I am no going mad

Take care.....Steve

Grant_Baker
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Grant_Baker »

Steve Smith wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:11 am
Hello and thank you for the posts

Sorry, I should have clarified the version I used to provide the above screen shots (Version 7.0.103.11746 EA) as seen in image 1 (The version used to open the file displayed)
Sorry I should have tried the same tests with the latest EA as that is what you used to reply to the original post.
Steve Smith wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:11 am
The displayed Scope Model and Serial number belong to the device used to capture the loaded psdata file as no scope was connected to my laptop. (Demo mode)

What would be ideal is to include the software version number that was used to capture loaded files which is certainly under discussion

Could you retest with Version 7.0.103.11746 EA Grant just to confirm I am no going mad

Take care.....Steve
After testing with 7.0.103.11746 EA I agree with your comments in your first reply to the original post. At some point changes were made to EA and I did not notice. I tend to use Stable for work, and only use EA while reviewing files at home. I agree it would be wise to have the software version used to make a capture attached to the saved file.

Thanks,
Grant