How to zero the 60A current probe BNC+

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Tomblueprintauto
OneWave
OneWave

How to zero the 60A current probe BNC+

Post by Tomblueprintauto »

HI

I have the later 60A current probe that doesn't have the wheel the zero the gauge. I'm trying to diagnose a parasitic draw but my probe is reading .43A before I've even put it over the wire.

How do I zero this gauge please?

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: How to zero the 60A current probe BNC+

Post by liviu2004 »

Isn’t it done from the channel settings? I don’t have bnc+ capable devices/scope but can you have a look?

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Have a read of this :arrow: https://www.picoauto.com/products//curr ... rent-clamp

Seems it should auto zero but as per Liviu's post looks like you can force a zero under channel options.
Last edited by PicoKev on Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi,

The probe should zero on connection but if you find you need to redo it there are a couple of ways.

First as Liviu mentioned you can zero the probe by entering the channel options. From here click on the probe tab where you should see the option to Zero.

Alternatively remove the clamp from the load you are measuring. Disconnect from the scope and then reconnect. The clamp should now be zero'd.

There is further information on BNC+ 60A clamp here - https://www.picoauto.com/library/picosc ... clamp-test and we put a guided test in the PS7A software for this method of parasitic drain using this clamp.
BNC+60A battery drain.png
Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben