testing a piezzo injector !

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
zebraone
OneWave
OneWave

testing a piezzo injector !

Post by zebraone »

Hello everybody !
On a a piezzo injector, there are two wires (diesel car off course).
When you check this piezzo injector with your oscilloscope, is it important to choose the right wire for the clamp (amps measurment), and the right wire for the pin probe (Volts) ?
Sounds like it does not matter with this kid of injector, but i would like to be sure and avoid to burn my brand new favorit oscilloscope :D !
Thanks a lot fot your answers !!
Nico :D :D

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: testing a piezzo injector !

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

The following link will help here topic19561.html where a discussion was generated around this very topic

Regarding current flow and installation of the current clamp, either wire will do and note that current should rise before reversing with Piezo injectors.

If your current reverses (falls) before rising, then change the orientation of the current clamp or use the “Invert” feature of PicoScope 7
Invert
Invert
Regarding voltages present, these can vary drastically from vehicle to vehicle and therefore I would expect high!

Be prepared for up to 200 V with certain diesel injectors and therefore add attenuation to your x1 test leads when in doubt
x10
x10
I hope this helps, take care……..Steve

zebraone
OneWave
OneWave

Re: testing a piezzo injector !

Post by zebraone »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Steve,
I am amazed by the quality of the exchanges on this forum, I think I have never seen this anywhere else!
Great thanks for your "super-answer" :D !!!
Nico