Pico 4423

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
Phikshin

Pico 4423

Post by Phikshin »

This is probably a stupid question. I have a vantage ultra which is ok. I like the software of the picoscope and recently was loaned a 4423. Just playing around with the guided tests I see the wiggle test option which I figure could be handy. This seems to require BNC+ leads (ta432). On quick glance the connection style appears different and therefore I'm assuming won't fit the 4423 correct? Is there anything similar available for the 4423?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico 4423

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post and please, never be afraid to either post a question or fear what you are asking is some how "stupid", quite the opposite. (Thank you for asking)

The test you are referring to is the Wiggle Test with our BNC+ resistance lead below:
IMAGE 1
IMAGE 1
This test does require the BNC+ scope and resistance lead here https://www.picoauto.com/products/test- ... -test-lead which is not applicable to your 4423.

This is not to say the 4423 is somehow redundant as this is a worlds class scope

For Wiggle Testing, you could choose to measure the signal or voltage present on a cable whilst wiggling and maneuvering connectors/wiring harness etc.

If graphing resistance with a 4423 is absolutely essential for your application , then could you take a look here viewtopic.php?p=100263#p100263

I hope this helps, take care......Steve