Raster Pattern Technology for Pico 7?

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Raster Pattern Technology for Pico 7?

Post by DougS055 »

Hello All,
I know the Pico Technology group of engineers are on a much deserved vacation right now, but I do have a question for when you come back. What would be the chances of having a Primary ignition / Secondary ignition Raster pattern added to Pico Software and what would be necessary for that to be made a reality? :idea:
Having raster capability could quickly allow for timing chain accuracy checks to be made like they used to be made on the older analog and digital oscilloscope engine analyzers and even some current automotive labscopes are doing now. 8)
Thank you for your time,
Doug Saros

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Raster Pattern Technology for Pico 7?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Doug I hope you are well and thank you for the post

Most certainly yes, I/We agree this is a feature we could all benefit from and one used on a daily basis during the engine tuning era i.e., after service item replacements such as "contact breakers" etc.

When it comes to diagnosis, such a display of primary/secondary ignition along with other inputs would help with "timing" errors as you have indicated and rest assured this is firmly logged as a New Feature Request for our software team to triage accordingly

Once parity between PS6 and PS7 has been achieved, this feature will then be considered

I hope this helps and please keep all New Feature Requests coming as EVERYTHING is logged and considered for development

Take care......Steve

DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Raster Pattern Technology for Pico 7?

Post by DougS055 »

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply and I hope you had a good holiday!
Thank you also for adding the Raster Pattern technology to the list of desires for Pico 7 automotive software.
Especially when coupled with the 4823 scope, that could be a great addition to the long lines of uses for Picoscopes for automotive diagnostics.
Take care,
DougS :)