PicoScope Toolbox Beta and Printing questions

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
BigRib

PicoScope Toolbox Beta and Printing questions

Post by BigRib »

Hello all, I have a pair of questions about version 7

1. what is the Picoscope Toolbox Beta for? The app does not open when I select it
2. how can I print the channel description with?
3. will there be an option for me to do a full screenshot print without going through the snipping tool?
4. will it be possible to show notes as a tooltip in the graph and then print them as well? Kind of like a thought bubble.
5. will it ever be possible that window of the rulers is also printed with?

For the audit-proof filing of the pictures it is necessary that we label what is to be seen, therefore it would be super if we could print this also with.

Thank you for the great software.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: PicoScope Toolbox Beta and Printing questions

Post by ben.martins »

Hi BigRib,

Thank you for your questions surrounding PS7.

1. what is the Picoscope Toolbox Beta for? The app does not open when I select it.

Pico Toolbox is used currently to allow access to the waveform library. It is only opened from within the PicoScope 7 Auto software and as with the library in PS6, you will need your scope connected in order to search the library.

2. how can I print the channel description with?
3. will there be an option for me to do a full screenshot print without going through the snipping tool?
4. will it be possible to show notes as a tooltip in the graph and then print them as well? Kind of like a thought bubble.
5. will it ever be possible that window of the rulers is also printed with?

I'll answer all these together as they all surround the print function. There is still some work to do with print where a lot of these questions will be answered as the feature is worked upon. I would certainly expect channel labels to be printed in the future. Right now though if you have anything typed in the notes section and select portrait when printing, the notes will also be printed. The same goes for the ruler overview as this was again a feature with PS6 so will make it into PS7.

Full screen shot will be possible as this was a feature within PS6 where you could copy entire screen as an image. Copy as an image is in the More section and currently greyed out as feature. This will happen in the future.

Adding notes direct to the graph is a feature we get asked about a lot. As with all new feature requests we will notify the software teams and add any user comments to the feedback. I would love to see this as you've mentioned it will help with the explaining the waveform. We currently use a program called SnagIt which allows you to screen shot and then add notes, arrows etc to the image. I know this is a workaround solution and would of course be nice to handle all within PS7.

I hope this helps and I will add your comments to the feedback mechanism we have for PS7.

Happy Christmas and wish all a happy new year.

Kind regards

Ben

BigRib

Re: PicoScope Toolbox Beta and Printing questions

Post by BigRib »

Hello Ben,

thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately, I was not notified and have erts now looked again in the forum.

Another question, unfortunately I can not find anything in the forum. Recently crank(A,60) no longer works. You can not click on "next" on the MAth channel. I imported a psdata with the crank channel, but here it still doesn't work. I can select it then but it always shows 0 RMP