Help with next labscope

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
sjett

Help with next labscope

Post by sjett »

I have been using a 4225 for the past 6 years and before that was using an OTC Genisys evo lab scope. I use it all the time at work and home for trying new stuff and practice. My question is do I step up to the 4425 to just add 2 more channels or the 4823 for more channels ? I would like to us my leads from my 4225 STD kit . I work in a multi line shop now that I had to close my business during the Covid BS and I have vehicle sent to me from other shops to help diagnose. I am a mid level tech on the lab scope but push my self to learn something new with it each week.
Thank you
Scott

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Help with next labscope

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Scott, thank you for the post

It would seem that as your knowledge grows the need for more channels grows in direct proportion

The 4425A is the ideal solution and those 2 additional channels will most certainly make life easier and save time in the process too.

When it comes to 8 channels (of which I am a huge fan) I would like you to read through this post viewtopic.php?p=98895#p98895 as the arrival of the 8 channel auto scope certainly generated interest and realm of questions too

I have to say, the 4823 has become my scope of choice given my role here at Pico and the investigations we carry out (often with limited time when off-site)

With that said, a new 4 channel scope (going forward) would be the 4425A and include all the benefits of BNC+ which you can see here https://youtu.be/QUX6G-anwzg

Remember your existing probes/BNC leads can still be used with the 4425A

I hope the above provides the information you need to make a decision and I hope I have not answered your question with more questions, take care......Steve

sjett

Post by sjett »

Steve thank you for the information , from what I have read , it looks like I will have to be careful with voltage spikes , but other wise I will just have a slight learning curve moving over to the 4823. I am a big fan of the new pico 7 software and that is a big part of staying with pico branding .
Thank you
Scott

sjett

Post by sjett »

Thank you Steve
Looks like as long as I'm smart about it and use attenuators it should be just fine .
Thanks for part of such a great product and company
Thank you Scott