Waveform for exhaust flap actuator 17 BMW 330i

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Autobahn44

Waveform for exhaust flap actuator 17 BMW 330i

Post by Autobahn44 »

Anyone know what the waveform should look like to activate the exhaust flap? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Waveform for exhaust flap actuator 17 BMW 330i

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hi, I do not have BMW but I have one from Bentley, this is 4 wires variable flap motor. Power supply, ground, feedback wire reporting actual position of the flap by PWM, command wire reading signal from ECU what position is required. The flap motor is trying to achieve the same flap angle as reading from the command wire. There is basic setting necessary after replacement or removal and install back to learn the mechanical stop ends.
First the picture of the good known (new flap motor), engine running and playing with accelerator so the flap is changing position.
Both flaps Math Ch.JPG
Next is the caprured file where is the flap actuated by diagnostic tester, max and min position. Then the faulty flap motor, this was logging DTC once in few days only.
Faulty flap motor example.jpg
Looks like machanically jammed so the voltage drop.jpg
And finally the captured file of the faulty flap motor. Some explanation is in the notes and channel labels.
Faulty flap motor.psdata
(2.83 MiB) Downloaded 478 times
Hope it helps.
Regards,
Roman

vasek
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Waveform for exhaust flap actuator 17 BMW 330i

Post by vasek »

Hi.
The flap is controlled by a PWM signal.
The control is stepless.
PWM=5% closed, PWM=95% open.
So if you want to have an M-Bimmer for F30 ( :) ), you should apply PWM=95% control to the pin1 violet wire.
Forever and ever.))
Attachments
FLAP.PNG
FLAP+.PNG
FLAP++.PNG