Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDI revs to limit

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
bighomer46

Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDI revs to limit

Post by bighomer46 »

i have been asked to go and have a look at a 3008 1.6 hdi 9HZ

The car revs to the limit I have been told but they turn it off before it reaches 4000 revs
It is 100% not running on its oil.

The car is at a peugeot dealership and has had so many genuine parts put on it they can not find a fault.

There is no fault codes it does this from cold.

I have been asked to look at it BUT they have asked me not to run it because they dont want to blow it to bits.

My question is ? Apart from acc position engine load etc in live data where do i start.

Parts fitted:- new pedal ,new Egr valve, pressure regulator, maf map the list goes on

Am i better walking away before I start, Although I love a challenge

kona
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDI revs to limit

Post by kona »

bighomer46 wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:40 pm
It is 100% not running on its oil.
I have been asked to look at it BUT they have asked me not to run it because they dont want to blow it to bits.
1. What way did it prove 100%? Describe detail.
2. Unscrew the glow plugs and and turn on the starter and safe can analyze live data:
- Gas pedal position ...
- Fuel Pressure ...
- etc.
P.S. Refine - how long did the car stood not working? Many years ?
If very long, the injectors must be checked.

bighomer46

Post by bighomer46 »

The mechanic at the garage have checked for it running on the oil,
But they have also diagnosed and replaced parts that may well have been ok,

I will try and get some waveforms from the accelerator pedal and the ECU.
also the injectors etc. as much testing as possible.

I will be going to look at the end of next week so i will keep the post updated as i go

David

ronw38
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by ronw38 »

Do u stay or do u go I would stay with reviewed terms. Konas tips are good if u cannot run the engine; are you able to disable the injectors to save disassembly or will that shut down engine control? Ask when; where; how the problem occurred; any previous repairs/problems. Do not rely on the previous techs reports start from scratch. We all know a diesel revs by increasing fuel with unrestricted air conversely cut the fuel or air and it does not run. The revving engine cuts when the key is turned of? fuel shut off control! So run the engine with the added ability to strangle the air flow with a manual block of the air flow? Set the scan tool to record the relevant PIDs the scope likewise back probing inputs at the ECU the out puts at the actuators. You will have a short window of opportunity; so set up and system understanding is vital. Do not loose sight of the fact that odd failures like this are often caused by water ingress to modules bad earths and power connections. This is an overview of my approach and no reflection on your ability. Cheers go well Ron W

bighomer46

Post by bighomer46 »

I will be able to stop it starting i do not really want to start taking glow plugs out etc, i do have some experience, I am 60 and have been a mechanic since i was 16.
How ever I am new to scoping things, i have a pico amp clamps pressure sensors ,pulse sensors etc.
When i go next week i will start at ground zero save all pid data KOEO, the same cranking

The car is in a citroen concession here in France in a village close to mine, it is not a dealership as we would know it in the UK,

I will post data next week