Best way to highlight anomally in crank in 6/7

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Best way to highlight anomally in crank in 6/7

Post by picowight »

Came to this diesel Picasso today that was running really badly after a new cam belt. Used 7 Win for the capture.

Checked the Cam/crank correlation by switching to 6 (which would not load the 7 waveform?) for waveform library
Correlation was fine but I noticed an issue with the Crank signal.
Screenshot from 2021-07-21 18-29-30.png
Sure you can immediately spot the problem (Crank sensor on a crank end tone ring like an ABS sensor) but I wanted to use some sort of frequency tool to make it more obvious to the garage owner. To me it looks like an issue with the tone ring, but an adjustment of the non-adjustable air gap on the sensor seemed to fix it.
I tried both frequency counting and the maths channel but I was unable to get anything useful. What should I have done ?
Thanks !
Attachments
20210721-0003.psdata
(627.49 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

picowight
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Best way to highlight anomally in crank in 6/7

Post by picowight »

I have been looking for some 7 training videos as I feel I am severely behind the ball, now I have 7 working on Linux I can sit at home and practice!
I found this vid

And there 7 mins in was my answer. 1 tickbox and bam! Exactly what I was looking for, how great is that? (next I need to find the save screen tool, and how to change the colour of the Crank output)
Screenshot from 2021-07-21 22-51-07.png