Mini R56 error 2DA0

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
ktl2019
OneWave
OneWave

Mini R56 error 2DA0

Post by ktl2019 »

Hello
Have a Mini with this error 2DA0 inlet camshaft: angular offset to crankshaft out of tolerance

So i check the crank and camsshaft signal, but how can i check if the timing is OK.
Crankshaft signal has no reference mark
Attachments
Mini KW, EN, AN, Zyl.1 1W.psdata
(2.36 MiB) Downloaded 351 times

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mini R56 error 2DA0

Post by Technician »

Hi, ideally the traces need to be labelled so we know exactly which trace belongs to which part of the engine, i.e. cam, crank. The crank trace looks like a speed reference only and does not provide TDC reference. There is an ignition firing point present which is normally around TDC when firing. The differences between cam and crank triggering appear to be approximately 130 degrees different. To find out exactly what the specifications should be, either;

Look in the waveform library and see if anyone has uploaded a waveform,
Check manufacturer data (if available),
Align the engine cam and crank positions to check, or
wait a while to see if anyone can post a waveform for you.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

ktl2019,

There are several cam/crank WF's in the waveform library.

It is difficult to tell if any exactly match as you do not quote either an engine code or a manufacturing date. Both of which are essential to know if the data is correct or not and is frankly a prerequisite of any request for help.

However as a very basic rule the engine has to know a where the crankshaft is in it's rotational cycle and it cannot know that if there is not a reference mark. If that WF is correct I do not see how the PCM is not flagging a CKP signal code!

As a general rule of thumb the mini uses a 60 segment CKP signal with effectively 2 missing teeth so 58 signal transitions between the gaps. If you are sure of your measurements you need to be getting access to the CKP target ring and see what has happened to your gap.

Kev.

ktl2019
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ktl2019 »

Have searched in the waveform library but don`t found exact the same engine

A Crankshaft
B Camshaft (Inlet)
C Camshaft (outlet)
D Ignition fist cyl.

But i have defined it in the channel notice but in german