Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti won’t start

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
paulys99

Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti won’t start

Post by paulys99 »

Hi I’m new too this site so apologies if I’m asking in the wrong place. I’ve a Vauxhall insignia 2.0 cdti that was running fine until a few weeks back driving home from work as I joined dual carriageway I put my foot down the car shuddered a little and went into limp mode. My bro plugged it in and is was saying mass airflow pipe. He removed this pipe to check for damage but found nothing. Put the pipe back on for the car than take longer than normal to start. Left it over night first thing in morning came to go to work it wouldn’t start at all. Plugged in again and came up with several faults camshaft Position sensor crank sensor airmass and a few others I e replaced the crank sensor and camshaft sensor along with new cam belt but still it won’t start. It turns over and sounds normal to me but will just not start. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti won’t start

Post by Technician »

Hello and welcome, reading your post I seem to think you have jumped in a little too deep too quickly, which might now of created more problems than you originally had? It might therefore be a good idea to start a fresh. Record the fault codes you have and clear them. Ensure the vehicles battery is in good working order and properly charged. Use a good quality scanner that can read live data. With all fault codes cleared crank the engine over for 10 seconds and then stop leaving the ignition on. Read out any new fault codes...

Move into live data from your fault codes and see what the data tells you in relation to the codes. If you are not sure what the data is telling you, ask a local garage for help. Please do keep us informed.