Make my own guided test?

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
MotiCSC

Make my own guided test?

Post by MotiCSC »

Hello all, i am a new user to Pico.

Would like to save settings for my own guided test, in this case testing a Hydraulic pump actuator.
I would like to set a current clamp with a trigger and some math channel to show RPM signal but i dont want to set it up every time over and over again but save the settings and load them when i need to.

How can this be done?

Thank you!

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Make my own guided test?

Post by PicoKev »

If you set up your waveform with all the channels and ranges as you want them the go to save as and the default is psdata. Use the drop down menu and select pssettings. Then give it a file name and save it to a location of your choice, then whenever you want to perform that test you simply select and open the pssettings file and you are all set up and ready to go.

Have fun. :D

Kev.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Make my own guided test?

Post by ben.martins »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As PicoKev has already mentioned you can save the file as a Settings file which maintains how the scope was setup to take the capture but doesn't hold the waveform. This really helps keep the file size down but there is nothing to stop you loading captured file and using this to setup your scope.

Any file you load into PicoScope software could be regarded as a Guided Test. If you load a file and have your scope connected, by running the scope you'll retain the time base, channel setup and any triggers that were included in the original file.

PS7 includes built in Crank math channels which you can use with a crankshaft sensor signal for your RPM, again making the setup easy and these will also be stored in any saved file.

Once you have your setup up you can then also share to others! As I've been working with hydraulics more and more lately, I'd be really interested to hear which pump you are working with if you can share that information that is! Might help others to hear about your experience.

Kind regards

Ben