Hi from south of france

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
lhs11430

Hi from south of france

Post by lhs11430 »

Hi
I was a onwer fron an independent car workshop.

Just bought an 4425 to hope find the issue on an Ford transit 2.4 TDCI from 2009.

I prefere citroën old timer car for my track day.
IMG_7610.JPG
best regards
Vincent

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hi from south of france

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Vincent and welcome to the forum

Well there is something you don't see everyday (A racing Citroen)

Please feel free to post and share your scope experiences with the 4425

We are here to help and share knowledge, theories & opinions

Take care.....Steve

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

A lifetime ago when I was young fit and foolish I was a fire and rescue marshal at Silverstone.

One day I was marshalling a club meeting on what was in those days the "Club" circuit and one of the races was the Citroen 2Cv cup. They sped off from the start finish straight, made it around Copse without major incident, built up a bit of speed through Maggotts, in those days the club circuit hung a right before Becketts and embarked on the club straight.

Now club straight was as long if not possibly longer than Hanger is to this day with a rise in the middle that meant me and my fellow marshals on the inside of Woodcote/Hanger Straight were greeted with the wonderous sight of 20+ Deux Chevaux's cresting the rise jostling for position like angry hornets; absolutely pedal to the metal with the window wound up.

They plunged into the 90 degree right hander at Woodcote in a cacophony of squealing brakes and tyres with a fair amount of "Rubbin'" going on. Next thing we know the leading group closely followed by a few of the mid fielders fell over and rolled across the track ending up in the catch fencing on the outside of Woodcote in various stages of total destruction. We laughed a great deal as it was the outside crew's job to deal with the carnage. They only just managed to get everyone extricated by the time the some what reduced pack arrive back for another go on lap 2..... More screeching and complaining of tyres and several more joined the growing Citroen scrap yard at Woodcote.

By the time the Clerk of the Course threw a red flag on IIRC lap 4 there were only 3 or 4 cars left running!

The problem was that the series rules like many of the era stated that the cars had to run on standard road tyres and wheels and all the lateral loading combined with the yaw, pitch and especially the roll had simply rolled the tyres off the rims creating an instant deflation and rolling trip to the scene of the accident.

Probably one of the funniest things I ever saw on circuit. :lol: :lol:

lhs11430

Post by lhs11430 »

Hi
thanks for your message
i m not have 2CV but Some Visa and DS
best regard