Ford Mondeo Titanium 2009 model year 2.0 TDCi

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Ford Mondeo Titanium 2009 model year 2.0 TDCi

Post by Technician »

So I've had a fairly long discussion on another forum about a problem I've now resolved on the above Ford. One of the concerns was that the fuel filter had never been renewed and I advised I would change it. I found the filter at the rear of the car and wondered if a lift pump were fitted into the tank? I did some research on google and watched a few videos, which all seemed to follow suit. I decided to use the advice of others from Google, both trade and members of the public that changed their own filters. I always find it interesting when I observed the videos "Glitch" clearly indicating a "stop and start" of the video where they struggled to fix the problem and then just switch the video back on to show you the fix?

I was lead to understand that after renewing the fuel filter that the fuel return line should be removed at the engine and a vacuum pump installed to pull diesel through? I found that most people on Google advised this and I've found that their methods are incorrect and that method will not work. I traced the return fuel line back underside the inlet manifold and found that the return line splits in two and some type of pressure control valve fitted stops fuel being pulled through it, hence the Googlers are all incorrect in their approach to this priming fuel issue.

I found that a schrader valve is fitted to the low pressure fuel supply line at the engine location and Ford must have some type of priming tool that is used on Ford vehicles. Is anybody aware of what that tool might be?

Barca

Re: Ford Mondeo Titanium 2009 model year 2.0 TDCi

Post by Barca »

Hi, the Ford tool is 310-042 which fits on the shraeder valve and then you use there bleed equipment to pull the fuel through till there are no bubbles. Google Ford 310-042 to see what the tool looks like. Sorry for the delay in reply

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Ford Mondeo Titanium 2009 model year 2.0 TDCi

Post by Technician »

Thank you.