Hi from a Jeeper in Kent

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
French Chris
OneWave
OneWave

Hi from a Jeeper in Kent

Post by French Chris »

Hi guys,

My name is Chris, I am a French man leaving in England since the construction days of the Channel Tunnel so quite few years now.

I own 2 Jeeps, my everyday vehicle is a Cherokee KJ 2.8CRD which is lightly modified and a Wrangler JK heavily modified for my off roading hobby.

This is the Wrangler that brought me to buy a Picoscope 2204A, a breakout box and the leads. My Wrangler was originally a 3.8 Litre V6 engine with an Auto 4 Speed Transmission but I had an engine conversion carried out by a professionel from West Yorkshire 5 years ago and I have been since the proud owner of the first and only Jeep JK Right Hand Drive fitted with a 5.7 Litre V8 Hemi Engine and an Auto 5 Speed transmission.

Fitting a different engine and transmission in a vehicle doesn't go without any problem. In order to get this engine coming from a 2014 Dodge RAM working in a Jeep JK 2008, a different ECU and wire harness were required amongst loads of other things. Unfortunately as Jeep is American the Harness sold with the Hemi kit was designed for Left Hand drive.I had CAN Bus issues for years but I will describe all this in more details in another post because I need some help.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hi from a Jeeper in Kent

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello, welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing that Jeep journey you have embarked upon.

I can only imagine that your 5.7 Litre V8 Hemi Engine coupled to an auto transmission is all about "Smiles per gallon" and not MPG.

Please feel free to post and share what looks to be a CAN extravaganza as you continue your vehicle modifications

Take care......Steve

French Chris
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Hi from a Jeeper in Kent

Post by French Chris »

Thanks for your reply Steve,

I will need your help as I am really a beginner user in the Pico world and I struggle to work out what my laptop screen is telling me when I connect my 2204A to my breakout box.