Hello from South Africa

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Mervyn

Hello from South Africa

Post by Mervyn »

Hi Guys
Finally took the plunge and bought the 4225A starter kit and hope to progress to more channels/acessories once my skills and financial situation improves. I have dabbled with the Hantek 1008C, so I have the following of the Hantek accessories: secondary ignition probe ,Low current and high current amp clamp. I would be excited if I could use these on the new Picoscope as my aim is to purchase these individually from picoscope as the need arises.
I must emphasise that I am not a professional mechanic but have some knowledge in the electrical and electronics of the automotive world. I appreciate every bit of advise and training that I can get and I am extremely appreciative of the time that you all have taken to help us out in this learning journey.
I look forward to many hours of interactive learning with you.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello from South Africa

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Mervyn and thank you for the introduction, welcome to the forum

I completely understand the need to use your existing probes as this makes perfect sense.

Assuming your accessories use BNC style connections then you can use/connect them with your 4425A

If your accessories use 4 mm banana connections then you can still use them with the following adapter here https://www.picoauto.com/products/clips ... mm-adapter

You will then need to inform the PicoScope software of the characteristics of your accessories
For example the output of your low current clamp maybe 10 mV/Amp
If so, you could select the existing 20/60 A current clamp in our software and choose 20 A mode

If not, you can create a Custom Probe as we have described here viewtopic.php?p=101246#p101246 using PicoScope 7 and include filtering/auto-range as we have added here
viewtopic.php?p=101494#p101494

PicoScope 7 Automotive is available to down load here https://oem.picoauto.com/p7beta/download

I hope this helps, take care....Steve