What have I done?

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
blgarage

What have I done?

Post by blgarage »

I've been living in blissful ignorance since picking up my first toolbox in the 80's. Decided to quieten down to a rural, barn, workshop in South Devon. The trouble of not having a 'leccy tech on hand has delivered me to this joyful, diagnostic perjury and i'm loving the new skill set that's developing.
It is a leap forwards getting this scope; previously using a Snap-on Verus. There seems to be a 'total luddite' soothing guide and I am oh so grateful you Pico smashers at Pico HQ.
The fact that it is fun means I may very well get there in the end.... Not a bad assessment of this old dogs ability to learn a new trick.
(Scope purchased second hand from the Haynes Tech' Publications auction this month.... I met the hands that have been in every Haynes manual picture for the last 30 years as a bonus too)!

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: What have I done?

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post.

Welcome to the forum and to answer the question "What have I done?" you have taken the first of many steps to applying your scope to reveal how components truly function and interact.

This brings about a real enlightenment (and I speak from my own experience) when I look back and ask myself "how did I fix cars without a scope ?"

There is a lot to digest here but the following links will help:

PicoScope 7 (PS7) can be downloaded here https://oem.picoauto.com/p7beta/download (Please take a look at the Guided Tests)

PS7 features are discussed here too topic22097.html

I hope these help, take care.....Steve