CAN transmission

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Osborne

CAN transmission

Post by Osborne »

Status nOK and OK.pdf
(419.33 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Hello, I have used my Picoscope 3204 for several years and is of course very satisfied. I am developing some functionality including data communication between some industrial units. I am using ver 6.13.15. This file, in a µCPU, has for simplicity transfered 2 transmissions with 8 bytes containing different data in an alteranting fashing, I.e sending message 1, doing some calculations/IO-control, sending message 2, some IO and start with message 1 again.
The Pico has always (years) shown the bits with the serial hex below. Suddenly it only shows message 2 with data + hex, omitting the hex when sending message 1.
To check my software I copied message 2 and put that in message 1´s place (sending 2 clones of data) with the same result (no hex on message1). (I cannot easily verify data content in this way).
How to get it back to previous hex showings? I attach a picture, message 1 on top and #2 below (data is equal).
Kind regards, Osborne.

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: CAN transmission

Post by Martyn »

You have posted this request on our Automotive Forum, whilst we do have a forum for Test and Measurement questions I would suggest that you email this request and a matching psdata file for this capture directly to support@picotech.com

If you explain what data you would expect to see then someone in the team will be able to take a look for you.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: CAN transmission

Post by Martyn »

You tried to repost exactly the same message as a new topic here. The pdf you have supplied is not a simple screen shot from a PicoScope trace as it has two triggers, if you want help please post the psdata file.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager