Just got a scope. What software?

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
Thick8

Just got a scope. What software?

Post by Thick8 »

Our mobile tech had our new Picoscope and brought it to the shop because I need to use it today. It's a 4425-013 OEM PACCAR branded unit (I'm in a Peterbilt dealership). I am unsure what software to download for it as the model 4425 is not listed on the download section. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
John

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Just got a scope. What software?

Post by PicoKev »

John,

The OEM hardware is normally locked to a specific OEM software and the standard general release SW will not usually work with your hardware.
Your dealer tech support should be your first port of call.

Kev.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the feedback

PACCAR Tech support would be your first port of call for a 4425-44 device but a 4425 - 013 is for a DAF Scope.

The DAF device should may run the Generic version of PicoScope 6 Automotive which you can download here:
https://www.picoauto.com/downloads

If this fails to recognize the device then it would be DAF technical support who can assist you further

I hope this helps, take care....Steve

Halvis

Post by Halvis »

Hello. Will a 4225-031 work with the general software or do you have to have OEM software?

//Kristoffer

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Halvis,

A -031 variant of scope is actually a Toyota scope and as such it won't function with the generic software. For this reason you will need the approved Toyota software.

For this you would have to speak with the regional Toyota technical team to see how you might obtain the software.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ben