Can't download or open PS 7 files

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Can't download or open PS 7 files

Post by Technician »

Is this something new in PS 7 software? I used to be able to open and read files from the forum prior to PS 7, but now it looks like I have to bring the scope home to connect and download!

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Can't download or open PS 7 files

Post by Alan »

Both PicoScope 6 and PicoScope 7 have had a change in file format this year so its possible you are using a older version to load newer files.

Make sure you are running the latest versions and you should be able to load all PicoScope files.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

I've downloaded the PS7 beta version from the website and it's not made any difference, I still can't open files. Is it now the case that a scope must be connected to open files?

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

The scope does not need to be connected to open files. Please can you let us know which version of PicoScope you are using and also post a link to a couple of the files that will not load.

If you select About PicoScope 7 then you should see something like this

PicoScope® Automotive - PC Oscilloscope software
version: 7.0.59.6966

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

Thanks Alan, I've tried opening files from storage on my pc and they open ok, however, files in the diagnostic discussion section of the forum are where I experienced the problem, hence it may be something wrong with those files.

Sorry of I've caused any concerns.