Tire size

Ask questions relating specifically to the PicoDiagnostics NVH equipment and software here.
vdompierre

Tire size

Post by vdompierre »

Hello all,

I'm new to the NVH. I'm trying to play with the software as much as I can. I'm an heavy duty tech working on over the road tractor.

Most of the tire size we see here (Canada and US) are 11R22.5 or 11R24.5 which are not in the standard format for the software. For the past test I've done, I've entered different tire size in the software to obtain the closest tire diameter possible. I would like to be more precise with my measurement so I'd like to enter the right data.

Thank you for you help.

Vincent

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Tire size

Post by ben.martins »

Hello Vincent,

The imperial tire sizes can now be used in the latest version of PicoScope which can be seen in the following post - viewtopic.php?p=98084#p98084. You can also input the tire size as a diameter.

Please could I ask you to make sure you have the latest version PicoScope 6 Automotive which will come with the latest version of NVH - www.picoauto.com/downloads.

This was put in around the same time we introduced J1939 to gain engine and road speed from this protocol so you may be able to use a serial decode tool to help with the analysis.

If you still have any issues please drop us an email to support@picotech.com.

Kind regards

Ben