WPS600C hydraulic transducer

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix Heavy Duty and Off Highway machinery here
Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

WPS600C hydraulic transducer

Post by Technician »

I've been in contact with a well respected hydraulics company with regards to a minimess connector for the WPS600C transducer. The chap that came to see me did spend some time looking and researching the minimess connector. He did advise that they don't normally see connectors so small in the hydraulics industry. He has returned back to base advising that he will see what he can come up with. To be honest it didn't sound promising and looking like I'm going to either struggle finding a minimess connector for this transducer, or finding somebody who understands if the transducer can be modified in some way to connect to hydraulic hoses?

It doesn't look promising at the moment!

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: WPS600C hydraulic transducer

Post by PicoKev »

David,
The WPS 600 has the M16x2 coupling that is ubiquitous in the world of hydraulics. Sounds like you need a better class of expert in your life!

10 seconds with Google produces pages of different options. Lets face it if RS Components sell the dang things https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/pneumati ... oint-hose/
Then they really are not that rare. Hydraulics is all application specific and it even says in the Pico sales blurb ...
"Due to the wide range of hydraulic fittings in use, we do not supply any specific adaptors or hoses for use with this product. Those provided with the low-pressure WPS500X are not suitable for use with the higher-pressure hydraulic systems.

We recommend contacting your regular hydraulic hose supplier for any additional fittings or custom hose assemblies you may require to suit your specific system"

Kev.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

PicoKev wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:42 pm
David,
The WPS 600 has the M16x2 coupling that is ubiquitous in the world of hydraulics. Sounds like you need a better class of expert in your life!

We recommend contacting your regular hydraulic hose supplier for any additional fittings or custom hose assemblies you may require to suit your specific system"

Kev.
I thought I'd done the correct thing by contacting a hydraulics company. Initially the first guy I spoke to on his van said he'd match up the m16 connector for me when I new what the other end connector was that I need to make the hose complete. Then the company rang me and said they were sending a van round to me to look at the job. The company then said he might be late so if you leave the tool outside the engineer will collect it?? Of course I'll leave up to a grand of a transducer outside just waiting for him to say he never collected it!!

I've ordered a m16 connector from RS which should be delivered by Tuesday, so I'll pop along to another local hydraulics company and see if they can make the hose for me, now I know what the other end of the hose connector is.

Sometimes it's not about what someone says to you at the time but rather what they might be thinking about as they are talking to you!

Leave the transducer outside so he can call round to collect it?

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Iver »

PicoKev wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:42 pm
David,
The Sounds like you need a better class of expert in your life!WPS 600 has the M16x2 coupling that is ubiquitous in the world of hydraulics.

Kev.

LOL

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

The M16x2 coupling that is ubiquitous in the world of hydraulics.

But had the person of understood what he was saying, he'd of understood that the hydraulics industry uses completely different thread pitches to the automotive industry. Contacting companies and reading through their PDF's and going in person to the hydraulics companies has shown that they have said they can't cross reference to the auto industry standards. They have similar, but similar is not the same.

I do however now have a workaround, proven and tested to work.

With regards to a better class of expert...

We all need a better class of expert in our lives, ideally one with some ideas of what is actually correct.