NVH data playback

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
tyrmat1

NVH data playback

Post by tyrmat1 »

Goodday! Tyrone here from New Zealand. I've acquired my NVH kit recently and started mucking around with it. I've successfully set it up and recorded a 5 minute test drive/data capture and saved it. I arrived back to the workshop and played back the recording and it appears the NVH software saved only about 48 seconds of the recording.

Is there any way of saving and playing back the full length of the recording for future testing. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Tyrone

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: NVH data playback

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Tyrone and thank you for the post

Your NVH software can capture up to 500 seconds of data but will only ever playback the visible data on screen.

It sounds like your capture time was set to 50 seconds, yet your road test lasted 5 minutes.

Unfortunately the NVH software behaves like a chart recorder, as the data moves from right to left, any data that leaves the screen (on the left) is lost forever. (See below)
Saved Signal
Saved Signal
To increase the signal history, please see the video below:
INCREASE SIGNAL HISTORY WITH ADVANCED OPTIONS.mp4
Increase signal history
(3.66 MiB) Downloaded 251 times
500 seconds is a lot of data to save and move around Tyrone so once you have found the offending data, you can then Export the desired area of the signal history to a PDdata file so reducing your file save whilst retaining that all important NVH capture.

The following link will help: topic21639.html (Look at "Improved Export Options")

I hope this helps, take care......Steve

tyrmat1

Re: NVH data playback

Post by tyrmat1 »

Hello Steve and thank you for the prompt reply. I've reset my max. signal history size as per your video link and all is good.

Thanks for your help and have a great day. Cheers....Tyrone