Mercedes CLS-350 Misfire on Cyl 2

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
chad66
OneWave
OneWave

Mercedes CLS-350 Misfire on Cyl 2

Post by chad66 »

Hi Everyone

Yes its me again, sorry but i need assistance, have a 2009 Mercedes CLS 350 with a misfire on cyl 2 would'nt call it intermittent. but again its a bit strange as it comes up after a bit of driving and then stays consistent up until the engine is cold again. tried the usual stuf of swapping coils, plugs and injectors but no change. Scoped the suspect cyl injector and signal looks good until the misfire as i guess then thereis no signal as the ECM cuts off injection, switch off and switch back on and start the engine and we have the good signal back again but can visibly see the engine rocking. This led me to doing an in cyl pressure test. sorry one waveform settings are not exactly as should be. but do let me know if i need to retake it again.

Attached are wave form filesw for cyl 1 and 2. 2 being the bad one. can someone shed a bit of light on these and let me know if there is something there that may require further investigation.... I personally see some discrepencies on the exhaust valve but am not sure about whether what it is or even if im seeing it right.
Attachments
Mercedes-Benz_CLS-Class_20200817-0001_in_cyl(2).psdata
(8.28 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
Mercedes-Benz_CLS-Class_20200817-0001_In_cyl(1).psdata
(16.34 MiB) Downloaded 333 times

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mercedes CLS-350 Misfire on Cyl 2

Post by liviu2004 »

While I can't comment on the absolute values, having 0bar 0V lined up, I don't see any differences in the waveform dynamic.
Attachments
overlay.png