Compression test with ATS Transducer ( Is it possible )

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
Jnaimoli

Compression test with ATS Transducer ( Is it possible )

Post by Jnaimoli »

Hey all, as title states, is it possible to run the compression test with transducer using the ATS 300psi transducer in place of the WPS, My hunch is no because I cannot custom scale the software. Thanks in advance.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Compression test with ATS Transducer ( Is it possible )

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

Assuming you can power and ground your pressure transducer, you can create a Custom Probe to allow PicoScope to display pressure units (bar/PSI etc.) to suite the output of your pressure transducer.

The following link will help:

https://www.picotech.com/download/artic ... probes.pdf along with a short video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmaUw2wU-OM

I hope this helps, take care......Steve

Autonerdz
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Autonerdz »

We have tested dozens of pressure transducers. if you know the pressure to voltage ratio, you can indeed make a custom probe for any transducer.

Here is the thing though... While you will find this works great for measuring static pressures running compression is a different matter.

All we tested, and I mean all, with the exception of the WPS, were wildly inaccurate under dynamic conditions when pressures change rapidly over wide ranges such as running compression testing. This includes the ATS units. We measured pressures that do not exist using a valid custom probe.

Shanej18

Post by Shanej18 »

Here are the custom probes for the ATS tranducers. I have them and have no issues using them. I also included an in cyl waveform with a bad lifter that i found, check it out and see for yourself that they perform great.
Attachments
Chevrolet_Suburban_2021_5.3l_ in cyl 3 crank,run,snap.psdata
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 371 times
ats-30 rev2.psprobe
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
ats 5000 psi rev2.psprobe
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
ats 500 psi rev2 (1).psprobe
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
ats 300 psi.psprobe
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
ats 25_ H2O Rev2.psprobe