Hello from Zambia

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Darren Fraser
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Hello from Zambia

Post by Darren Fraser »

Hello everyone. I have recently joined www.mechanicsforafrica.com and in the process of getting our equipment and diagnostics up to scratch.
I've been in the auto electrical trade since 1984 but spent most of my time on earthmoving equipment electric over hydraulic. I have limited experience on oscilloscope diagnostics, did a eight month stint in 2009 with a Carman VG 4 channel oscilloscope.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better and expanding my abilities in scope diagnostics.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Hello from Zambia

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello Darren and welcome to the forum

We have a lot for you to digest here and once again, Ben has covered a number of Hydraulic issues within our Library https://www.picoauto.com/library/case-studies.

These studies most certainly demonstrate how PicoScope can support diagnosis within your industry whilst also revealing the "true" operation of components in "real-time"

Please feel free to post and share and remember support@picotech.com is here to support too

Take care......Steve

Darren Fraser
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Hello from Zambia

Post by Darren Fraser »

Thanks for the warm welcom Steve & Ben.

I'm actually out of the earthmoving business now and I am attached to Mfa as their technical consultant, so I'm back into cars and the public sector! Yes you're right, there is so much to digest and getting back into cars again after so many years it's quite daunting how much things have changed! Having said that, the systems are a lot more stable now than when they first came out with EFI systems.