Kia Sportage 2011 performance

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
wimbuitenhuis

Kia Sportage 2011 performance

Post by wimbuitenhuis »

Hello everybody,

My Kia Sportage (2011) with 2.0 CVVT engine has a little dip in performance, so I decided to take a look at it.
Fuel trims look OK and I captured the pre and post lambda sensor with picoscope.
My questions:
The pre lambda has a value between 2 and 2.5 Volt, is this normal? I never seen these values before on a lamba sensor.
The post lambda sensor seems to have a rich value, can someone take a look at my capture?

In the capture you can see idle, steady 3000rpm and decelerate to idle again.

Thanks in advance,

Wim.
Attachments
Kia_Sportage_Stationair_3000rmp_decelerate.psdata
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 309 times

KimAndersen
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Kia Sportage 2011 performance

Post by KimAndersen »

Hi Wim

It is a broadband oxygen sensor used before the catalyst converter on this Kia Sportage.

As for your voltage measurement from this broadband sensor is good or bad is hard to say but I know this sensor works with a voltage range from 0 mV to 4500 mV - so you are not out of specifications with a measurement of 2 to 2.5 volts.

Do you know what make this broadband sensor made of !!!

Regards
Kim :wink:

ronw38
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by ronw38 »

The post 02 should read 600 > 700mv light load or steady throttle confirming cat is doing its job, that in turn means pre cat sensor is controlling mixture you have an Asian wide band sensor 4 wire?, best measured via scan tool, scope measurement is possible but the fast response of these sensors makes scan data easier Cheers Ron W

wimbuitenhuis

Post by wimbuitenhuis »

Thank you Kim and Ron for your replies,

It is a 5 wire wideband sensor, I googled for some information about wideband sensors and this is a bit more complicated than I thought. I will do some more research on wideband sensors. First I am going to change the oil and filter, because I read there are some common problems with oil pressure which affects the Continuous Variable Valve Timing.

I will not be present for a couple of weeks, because of a vacation.

Thanks again,

Wim.