New Pico scope user here! Mercedes ABS checking

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Boud

New Pico scope user here! Mercedes ABS checking

Post by Boud »

Morning all, Sorry to trouble you but Im completely new with the scope

I have an issue with a Mercedes sprinter which Im trying to determine using the scope, best way to learn eh?

I have an issue where the rear right speed sensor goes open circuit when moving yet reads fine when sitting still.

Live data shows 0 when spun then goes open circuit, Ive checked the spaced ring in the hub and looks to be free from damage, I want to check wiring continuity etc from sensor to abs pump next.

I want to back probe the rear speed sensors and see if I can get both sensors reading side by side using the known good on the left.

Trouble I have is how do I find out what sensors my vehicle is running to be able to capture a reading.

I have so far probed into the back of the abs plug, setting my scope up to capture 10v assumming my speed sensors are a 5v system.

Trouble is I cant make head nor tail of whats going on as I dont know if Im doing it right, nor do I know what to expect coming down the line, should I see a 5v feed on one wire and the other being a reference voltage back to the pump?

What I need to know is best way to identify systems on vehilces and to find out the ranges etc

Im sorry for the rambling text and like I say Im a complete newbie and so any tips would be really helpful.

Ive been watching a few videos on Youtube but as I say I would really like to know how the system works before trying to do bits and become out of my depth?

Ive attatched details of vehicle as well

Mercedes benz sprinter chassis number WDB9061532N613191