Pico 6 File Won't Save

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
dannyspro

Pico 6 File Won't Save

Post by dannyspro »

Hi All, cannot save file for some reason. Brings up save box but locks up there and I have to restart software. This is on a Windows 7 laptop. Any ideas? Thanks.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Pico 6 File Won't Save

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

Could you indicate which version of PicoScope 6 software you are using and could you check it is the latest version

You can download the latest version here:

Could I ask, if you leave the PC whilst is is trying to save, will it eventually save?

When trying to save, does PicoScope software remain unresponsive? (You mentioned restart the software, is this via Task Manager?)

Could you confirm you are saving files to your PC, Waveform Library or remote storage such as Dropbox?

Sorry for all the questions but it will help to move things along

Take care.....Steve

dannyspro

Post by dannyspro »

Hi Steve, I actually deleted and reinstalled Pico 6 latest version from the website. I'm trying to save to an empty file on my PC, however the box locks up and doesn't allow me to get that far.
Restart is via Task Manager, entire software locks up.
I'll try to let it sit a while and see if it eventually works.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the feedback

Could you confirm your account setting permit saving files from PicoScope 6 Automotive?

I see no reason why not, but if security settings or limitations have been set, this would prevent saving. (It should not however lock your software)

Running as administrator may be another tip that may permit saving and so point to user control settings.

Could you confirm you can save data from Pico Diagnostics (Try relative compression as a rapid test to save)

I hope this helps, take care......Steve