Picoscope 7 Feedback

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
matt07181986
OneWave
OneWave

Picoscope 7 Feedback

Post by matt07181986 »

Hello,
I love the interface and user friendliness of Picoscope 7, great job! Below are just a few suggestions I have so far.

Can you guys add an x10 channel option? Selecting the 10:1 attenuator leaves limited voltage sweep choices, many techs used the x10 setting in Picoscope 6 for attenuators.

For us US techs stuck in the stone age... the new temp sensor for the 4425A is in Celsius, any chance of adding Fahrenheit as well?

I assume custom probes are still being worked on, but just wanted to confirm this will be a future option.

Thanks,
Matt Shanahan

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Picoscope 7 Feedback

Post by ben.martins »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear the positive comments which I will share with the software team.

Regarding the x10 option, there will be some changes made here so hopefully this will be made clearer.

Pretty sure the US techs aren't stuck in the stone age! Fahrenheit is on the list of changes so it might be the probe work for both these suggestions is done at the same time.

Custom probes is coming definitely. PS7 will drag any of your existing creations straight in from PS6 so although you can't create them directly in PS7 yet, you could create and save them in PS6 and then they will appear in PS7. Not ideal I know but it will work for the time being.

Thanks again for the feedback Matt, much appreciated. Keep up the good work in the US.

Kind regards

Ben

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi all,

Just need to clarify custom probes. In the current build custom probes are not present but as I've mentioned they are being worked on. Hopefully they will be out soon and sorry for any confusion.

Kind regards

Ben

matt07181986
OneWave
OneWave

Post by matt07181986 »

Thank you Ben. I appreciate all of your hard work, the software is great so far. One thing I noticed is that files created in Picoscope 7 cannot be opened in 6. Is there a patch that can be made in 6 to open the files? If it is a lot of work it is not worth it though. The only reason I ask is a tech may make a recording in Pico 7 and find a feature they want is not available yet. As of right now they would have to re-capture the file in 6.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

It was already mentioned that 7 files cannot be opened in 6.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi Matt,

Generally .psdata file can be opened in both PicoScope 6 and PicoScope 7. However, if the file has been saved in PicoScope 7, using a 4425A/4225A, then PicoScope 6 cannot recognise the Probe settings. In order to open such a file correctly in PicoScope 6, you will need to remove any connected PicoScope device and then run PS6 in demo mode.

Not ideal I know but it does mean you can use things like serial decoding, deep measure and the other features from files captured in PS7 with the 4425A.

Hope this helps for the time being.

Kind regards

Ben