Vehicle Manufacturer Picoscope restricted?

Ask any questions relating to the PicoScope hardware or kit contents here.
If you have any questions prior to purchasing the kit post them here.
owense1
OneWave
OneWave

Vehicle Manufacturer Picoscope restricted?

Post by owense1 »

Good day!

I recently bought my own P4225 Picoscope 2 channel and its amazing. Another friend of mine that works for Toyota though he got a deal by buying his 4 channel P4225 Picoscope Kit through the dealer channels and saving a good amount.
He is kind of bummed only because the Picscope only works with the dealership version of Picoscope. It will not communicate with regular Pico software 6 or Pico software 7.
Is there a way to safely unrestrict his Picoscope since it is very much owned by him. He would love to use the new software, be able to access the Picoscope overall waveform library and not be thethered by the dealership should he ever leave. You know get the software only from Toyota which is slightly different.
Any help would be appreciated especially an easy solid unrestricted way that isnt going to damage or render his brand new scope useless by accident. Thanks!

Martyn
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Vehicle Manufacturer Picoscope restricted?

Post by Martyn »

he got a deal by buying his 4 channel P4225 Picoscope Kit through the dealer channels and saving a good amount
That is why it is locked to the Toyota specific software, and why it can't be unlocked. Sorry.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager