Errors after replacement engine

If you are not a PicoScope user and want advice with a diagnostic problem then post here. Forum members may be able to help.
vindi93

Errors after replacement engine

Post by vindi93 »

Ok so my 1.6 ecoboost went boom 8 years old 147k. So i found another engine 13k and 3 yrs old. Installed it myself it started no issues once the fuel had pumped through. After finishing putting stuff back on the car went for a test run all seemed fine car pulling well. However i got an engine management light so hooked up to the car i use torque obd. There were a load of errors due to the battery power failing whilst being towed. So cleared them all out. Next day light comes back on error is p0016 and p0017. So i clear the code and it comes back within no time at all the rpm is at around 1200rpm when it triggers. The car drives absolutely fine performance is spot on so i am
Miffed as to why i am getting the errors. I have rechecked all the connectors and sprayed contact cleaner but no difference any help is appreciated.

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Errors after replacement engine

Post by liviu2004 »

Can you maybe indicate what car brand is and model type? If it’s not a big deal I mean.
Second, what means P0016 and 17 can you maybe write down the fault code description? Maybe you can google it instead of us.
Third, do you have any scope waveforms to see what the ecus sees?

slashsam
OneWave
OneWave

Post by slashsam »

vindi93 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:40 pm
Ok so my 1.6 ecoboost went boom 8 years old 147k. So i found another engine 13k and 3 yrs old. Installed it myself it started no issues once the fuel had pumped through. After finishing putting stuff back on the car went for a test run all seemed fine car pulling well. However i got an engine management light so hooked up to the car i use torque obd. There were a load of errors due to the battery power failing whilst being towed. So cleared them all out. Next day light comes back on error is p0016 and p0017. So i clear the code and it comes back within no time at all the rpm is at around 1200rpm when it triggers. The car drives absolutely fine performance is spot on so i am
Miffed as to why i am getting the errors. I have rechecked all the connectors and sprayed contact cleaner but no difference any help is appreciated.
Good day.
First, you need to reset the engine computer adaptations.
Secondly, it is necessary to measure the oscillogram of the crankshaft position sensor, as well as two camshaft position sensors (and show here).

landroverman1958
OneWave
OneWave

Post by landroverman1958 »

Those fault codes are usually from a crank camshaft corrolation problem,usually when the crank sensor reluctor ring surface is damaged for whatever reason,the ecu sees a problem with the signal quality over a certain crank speed,check the crank sensor output signal,

Dcunning35
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Dcunning35 »

You will need to run the misfire profile correction service function via IDs or pass through via www.etis.ford.com .

vindi93

Post by vindi93 »

so do i find some one with a scope to check the signals from the cmp sensors and ckp sensors first or do i see if i can get the cmp adaptions reset? i havent had a chance yet too look at forscan which is what i use for looking at errors to see whether i have the option to reset the cmp adaption or not.

JJacob

Post by JJacob »

EcoBoost it's Ford engine. The crankshaft pulley and the mounting of the crankshaft position sensor there are especially. If nothing happens after resetting adaptation, check the mounting of the crankshaft position sensor and crankshaft pulley for damage.