PicoScope Transducer App

Ask any non-NVH related questions about using PicoDiagnostics software here.
Trigger Happy

PicoScope Transducer App

Post by Trigger Happy »

Has anyone seen a users guide for the PicoScope Transducer App? Its basically just a "gauge app" that I have just stumbled across.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: PicoScope Transducer App

Post by PicoKev »

Trigger Happy wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:37 pm
Has anyone seen a users guide for the PicoScope Transducer App?
Yes thanks! :roll:

First off it is not an "App" it is a piece of hardware!

Try putting some effort in and go to the Pico website and navigate to support and downloads. There you will find a data sheet and operating instructions for the WPS500X.

It really is not hard. :roll: :roll:

Trigger Happy

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm very familiar with the WPS500X, I have ran across an "APP" that says it is for the PICO transducer (WPS500S). It works, but has some issues. Is this not a "PICO" app?
Attachments
TMS Pressure Gauge.JPG
TMS Pressure Gauge.JPG

ashtray1987
OneWave
OneWave

Post by ashtray1987 »

Where did you find this pressure gauge app?

Thanks,
Ash

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

Ash,

As you can see in the screenshot the software is the property of TMS (that is Toyota Motors in the US) and is software licenced to the Toyota dealer network for their use in conjunction with the scopes built to their specs and locked to toyota specific hardware and software.

I presume anything that has leaked out is somehow "Cracked" and is unlikely to work seamlessly with the standard Pico software.

Not to mention that it all seems pretty pointless to me, Eugene Bourdon patented his pressure gauge in 1849 and the basics have not changed much since. :!:

We take a great leap forward with pressure transducers and some people want to go to a lot of trouble to regress back to the old ways. Heck I am sure we all have draws full of gauges, if that is what someone wants, why not just use one. :?:

Presumably Toyota US deemed "Squiggly Lines" were too complicated for their techs..... :roll: :roll:

Kev.

Technician
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Technician »

squiggly lines run across the bottom in the X direction :wink:

Trigger Happy

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes you are correct PicoKev. It is a licensed app for Toyota. I found out quiet a bit more about it. Thanks for responding, however I feel your sarcasm in previous two posts to be very unprofessional. Sorry I bothered you. Have a nice day. You can scrap this thread.