Custom Probe Creation?

Ask any questions about using the new PicoScope 7 Automotive software here.
DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Custom Probe Creation?

Post by DougS055 »

Is there a chance you might be able to do an educational video on creating custom probes, please? If I select a channel, select "probes", scroll down and select "Custom", I can see the possibility of making a custom probe for the colored secondary ignition probe. When selecting the custom colored secondary ignition probe, the selected icon doesn't change to any kind of a dialogue. :?
Thank you very much for your assistance in advance, :)
DougS

DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Re: Custom Probe Creation?

Post by DougS055 »

I was just navigating in PicoScope 7 software a bit more and think I have answered my own question. :oops: :D . I will be trying this out and see how it works.
Thank you,
DougS055

DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Post by DougS055 »

I am able to select the custom probe, ie.. Colored KV Probe (which are attenuated 1000:1), but was not able to get into the area where one can be made or where the probe values can be edited according to what is needed for a particular diagnostic test. Again, thank you for your assistance with this question.
DougS

DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Post by DougS055 »

I went back over a couple of emails sent to me by Steve and am now able to understand custom probes made in Pico6 software are able to carry over to Pico7. :oops:
Thank you,
DougS

Alan
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Alan »

Hi Doug, We are busy adding features into PicoScope 7 and custom probe creation is coming soon. As Steve mentioned there is a workaround which is to create them in PS6. If you load a .psdata file that used a custom probe in PS6 into PS7 you have the custom probe.

DougS055
OneWave
OneWave

Post by DougS055 »

Thank you, Alan, for your reply.