Using alarms to auto save captures

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Using alarms to auto save captures

Post by ben.martins »

Hi all,

Another quick video on how to setup an alarm to auto save captures. This could be useful when on a road test. Be careful with how you set these alarms up though as they can fill up your hard drive very quickly! Hopefully the video will help and any questions please ask.

Kind regards

Ben

Trigger Happy

Re: Using alarms to auto save captures

Post by Trigger Happy »

Good tip on using the trigger to prevent hard drive filling up. This is very useful for intermittent faults that pull a voltage out of it's normal range. Gives you the ability to drive and ignore the screen until the alarm alerts you a fault has taken place. Thanks Ben.

maxgas
OneWave
OneWave

Post by maxgas »

Hi Ben using some of this spare time to get into the nitty gritty of the Pico Scope, one of the difficulties I have is with advanced triggers, for example I am working on a 5.7 Jeep. I would like to trigger when the Crank sensor trips out and using alarms record the buffers so I have the pre and post dropout of the waveform saved. I can not seem to get A) the trigger working properly B) if the waveform does stop it does not save. An in-depth trigger class for the Automotive Scope would be really good.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Hi all,

Glad this has been useful. The next one I was planning to do would involve using a mask in conjunction with an alarm to trip the software and save the capture, which maybe a better option for you MaxGas. We have some information which you can find here - https://www.picoauto.com/support/topic20161.html?&p=90601&hilit=masks#p90601 but I will look to create a video if it's useful. I can maybe look to add in advanced triggers but I think this might be too much in one go as I originally thought about keeping these short videos under 10 mins.I'll have a go and see how it turns out!

If anyone has any thoughts about some quick tip videos we could do, let me know. As mentioned, many of us have some extra time at the moment so using it to brush up on our diag skills can only be a good thing.

Stay safe everyone

Ben