Raster style display of waveforms

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
tex

Raster style display of waveforms

Post by tex »

hi all, is there a way that we can set trigger settings in advance tab / or get the development team to write some code to allow this in pico 7

*the trigger to watch on all channels
*connect up a ht pick up to each cylinder
*then display each triggered event all directly lined up vertically with each other ( ie once triggerd each channel redraws from the same vertical position on the screen)

use a presistance to keep the drawn capture on the screen until the scope redraws over with the next triggered ingiton event ( or even adjust it to fade out after what you desire)

thus to allow direct real time comparison of secondary burn times live or even injector firing events to be easily viewed on top of each other

creating a virtual "raster" display

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Raster style display of waveforms

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post.

I like the idea for sure and can see the benefits of Raster Style capture with a Persistence view (Especially with secondary ignition events)

I will add this suggestion to the PS7 Feedback system and it will be discussed and prioritised during our fortnightly meeting

I must add here that Parity between PS6 and PS7 takes priority but once this is achieved, new feature requests will come to the forefront

Thank you again for your detailed feedback

Take care......Steve

tex

Re: Raster style display of waveforms

Post by tex »

awesome news thanks Steve. picoscope is just a fantastic product that just keeps getting better and better due to you guys always welcoming and acting on feedback.