Oscilloscope not recognized after update

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
slashsam
OneWave
OneWave

Oscilloscope not recognized after update

Post by slashsam »

Hello.
I apologize in advance for my English.
I have a 3000 version of an old autoscope. Full featured full patch for Windows 7.
After the upgrade, install the new version of PicoScope 6 Automotive 6.14.5. The device was not found in the program. Offers only a demo version. Reinstalling the program does not produce results. This method does not work. The device always lights up with an LED. When you start polling all devices.
On another computer with Windows 10, the originally installed program is connected and everything works correctly.
How to work with program settings, drivers, and more? I want everything to work.
Thank you in advance.
Attachments
My Device
My Device
My Windows7 PRO
My Windows7 PRO
Device port
Device port
Driver version
Driver version
Application
Application

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Oscilloscope not recognized after update

Post by liviu2004 »

Have you considered that device is not supported by latest software?

slashsam
OneWave
OneWave

Post by slashsam »

liviu2004 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:27 am
Have you considered that device is not supported by latest software?
On another computer, this device works on newest software but on Windows 10.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post, your English is fine and I understand the concern we are having

Sorry for the late reply too

Could you confirm there are no other PicoScope 6 Automotive versions such as beta on your PC?
They should be fine but to help with resolving this issue we should remove them and start from fresh

Could you confirm if your 3000 series Auto Scope will function with Pico Diagnostics (Try Relative Compression)
This will help narrow down our concern

You mentioned you have uninstalled and reinstalled PicoScope Automotive, could you try to uninstall again, before reinstalling, delete the PicoScope6 Automotive folder from the Program files (x86) folder on your hard drive
C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\PicoScope6 Automotive (is a typical a file path)

Now reinstall PicoScope 6 Automotive here

Thank you again for the post and your patience

Take care....Steve

slashsam
OneWave
OneWave

Post by slashsam »

Steve Smith wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:46 am
Hello and thank you for the post, your English is fine and I understand the concern we are having

Sorry for the late reply too

Could you confirm there are no other PicoScope 6 Automotive versions such as beta on your PC?
They should be fine but to help with resolving this issue we should remove them and start from fresh

Could you confirm if your 3000 series Auto Scope will function with Pico Diagnostics (Try Relative Compression)
This will help narrow down our concern

You mentioned you have uninstalled and reinstalled PicoScope Automotive, could you try to uninstall again, before reinstalling, delete the PicoScope6 Automotive folder from the Program files (x86) folder on your hard drive
C:\Program Files (x86)\Pico Technology\PicoScope6 Automotive (is a typical a file path)

Now reinstall PicoScope 6 Automotive here

Thank you again for the post and your patience

Take care....Steve
Thanks for the answer.
I don’t have beta versions on the computer (I would really like to, but after setting up the work)
Deleted the program again. Cleared the windows registry file.
Re-downloaded and reinstalled the application.
Pico diagnostics also cannot find the device even after reconnecting the cable.
Will explain:
Two days the device is connected to a PC. The red LED always lights up on the device. when you start the oscilloscope program, the LED goes out when “enumerated devices” is displayed.
And further it offers only DEMO input.
It’s sad.
I repeat - windows 10 are installed on the home PC and there are no problems (all functions work).
Can I install past versions if you have them and are available? Or try installing the beta version?

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you for the feedback.

The does sound like "Connectivity" given we cannot use Pico Diagnostics either.

Just reading your first post, I read "After the upgrade, install the new version of PicoScope 6 Automotive 6.14.5."

Could you confirm if the PC/Operating system was updated/reformatted etc. and then this issues occurred?

Could you provide the previous software version of PicoScope you were using before the PC/Software upgrade?

Thank you again for the feedback.

slashsam
OneWave
OneWave

Post by slashsam »

Steve Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:42 am
Thank you for the feedback.

The does sound like "Connectivity" given we cannot use Pico Diagnostics either.

Just reading your first post, I read "After the upgrade, install the new version of PicoScope 6 Automotive 6.14.5."

Could you confirm if the PC/Operating system was updated/reformatted etc. and then this issues occurred?

Could you provide the previous software version of PicoScope you were using before the PC/Software upgrade?

Thank you again for the feedback.
The problem arose after updating the program for the oscilloscope to the latest. What version was - I will not remember now and there are no more traces of the program. In search of a problem, everything given about it has been deleted.
The operating system and other programs are unchanged.

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Thank you for the continued feedback.

I think the best course of action is to uninstall your software once again and delete the PicoScope6 Automotive folder from the Program files (x86) folder on your hard drive

Could you return to the download page and install version 6.11
IMAGE 1
IMAGE 1
This will help move along our diagnosis

Regrading your previous version of PS6, could you open a previously saved file (you can use Demo mode) and select "Views" & View Properties
IMAGE 2
IMAGE 2
This will help reveal the previous software version you were using

Thank you again for your patience

Take care......Steve

slashsam
OneWave
OneWave

Post by slashsam »

Steve Smith wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:33 am
Thank you for the continued feedback.

I think the best course of action is to uninstall your software once again and delete the PicoScope6 Automotive folder from the Program files (x86) folder on your hard drive

Could you return to the download page and install version 6.11

IMAGE 1.png

This will help move along our diagnosis

Regrading your previous version of PS6, could you open a previously saved file (you can use Demo mode) and select "Views" & View Properties

IMAGE 2.png

This will help reveal the previous software version you were using

Thank you again for your patience

Take care......Steve
thanks for work
Deleted everything again.
Reinstalled more stream version on the link. The situation has not changed.
while I rack my brains further.
I apply the properties of the recorded file with information about the software version
svva.JPG
svva.JPG (10.16 KiB) Viewed 10221 times

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello again and thank you for your patience, sorry for the delayed reply

I am going to make some assumptions here so please forgive any repetition with these questions.

Could you confirm the Scope is powered via a Pico Blue USB cable?

Could you confirm that you have tried multiple USB sockets of the offending lap top?

If the above are answered yes, lets move onto Windows as we know your Scope functions with another PC (Windows 10)

Could you take a look here

Here is a summary of the text contained from the Microsoft SHA-2 Code Signining support requiremen for Windows "Customers who run legacy OS versions (Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 SP2) are required to have SHA-2 code signing support installed on their devices to install updates released on or after July 2019."

SHA256 was changed in February 2020 and so the above link is well worth a visit to carry out additional recommended updates

Please let me know how this goes, I hope it helps, take care.....Steve