Software not recognizing scope

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
crnav19

Software not recognizing scope

Post by crnav19 »

Picoscope 6 Software is not recognizing my picoscope. I am trying to register for the waveform library but it continues to say that scope is not connected. Can anyone help with this problem?

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Software not recognizing scope

Post by PicoKev »

As with all these sort of questions you will need to put some effort in at the front end .... So:

Scope model?
Software version (Pico)?
OS? + Fully patched and up to date?
What USB lead are you using?
Does the scope work normally for measurements?
Have you tried it on another computer?

Post the answers and then lets see what is going on.

Kev.

crnav19

Post by crnav19 »

Thanks Kev,

First time using PicoScope 2204A on PC with Windows 10 (up to date). Followed instructions (from quick start guide that came with scope) to install software PicoScope 6 using the USB 2.0 cable. Software downloaded successfully. However, I noticed when I opened software that it said "not automotive" so I searched and found a PicoScope 6 Automotive and Diagnostic software that I also downloaded. When I open the first software PicoScope 6 (not automotive) and I connect PicoScope it does say device is found. But when I open the other program PicoScope Automotive it says "No Suitable Device Found."
I did try installing on my other PC with Windows 10 (up to date) and had the very same issue.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Carlos

liviu2004
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by liviu2004 »

2204A is not an automotive scope and hence won’t work with automotive software and also not open waveform library.

https://www.picoauto.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=19501