struggling stuck buffer

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

struggling stuck buffer

Post by Liteace »

Is this normal, at idle it fills buffers 1 to 7 in no time, same screen, nothing changed only rpm from idle to 2500 its like its slowed down and struggling to fill the buffers

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: struggling stuck buffer

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

The collection time of data and display refresh rate should not be influenced by the frequency of the signal to the extent it appears in your second video

Whist the display appears to update at a reduced rate, could you confirm the data was collected and saved correctly?

Could you confirm that when the engine returned to idle, the display update rate increased?

Could you indicate if other software was running simultaneously with this capture? (Particularly a Scan tool etc.)

If so, did you notice a reduction in the refresh rate of other software?

I can see that we have 4 x HT ignition events, have you experienced similar symptoms when using 4 x active channels to measure low energy events such as Cam, Crank, MAF and MAP at 20 ms/div 1MS?

I hope this helps, take care……Steve

Liteace
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Liteace »

Yes data was collected and saved correctly

No other software running only picoscope

Never seen this happen before

Maybe scope / software, both couldn't keep up with the data that was trying to be captured/saved

Rfmotors1
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Rfmotors1 »

Hello Liteace,

I think, or guessing, it is due to the repeat trigger that is set up there, as the scope is collecting only the triggered screens? So that's why it could take the time.

Regards,
Roman