Mixmaster

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
bajones238

Mixmaster

Post by bajones238 »

Trying to use the Mixmaster with my 4 channel Picoscope, and can't seem to get the multi-cylinder display. I have hooked the components up per the User Guide, but only get a single waveform. I have attempted to use channel A for all six cylinders, then splitting between channels A and B (with the split, I get only one pattern on each channel - might be the same cylinder; hard to tell). Picture attached. Any advice? Trying to get this old Chevrolet truck dialed in. Wish I still had my old Sun 1120. Any help greatly appreciated!
Attachments
DSC_3706a.jpeg

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: Mixmaster

Post by Iver »

AC Coupled ??

10ms across the screen ???

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Mixmaster

Post by ben.martins »

Hello bajones,

Iver makes a point about the time on the screen. You don't seem to have enough to view all the ignition events. Up your time to say 20ms/div and move the trigger to 10%. At idle this should mean you see all the ignition events from 2 rotations of crankshaft.

It also appears that you have an older version of PicoScope installed. We have included some new guided tests that will help with this setup for you under Ignition > Distributor. To get the new build of PS6 please see Downloads

I hope this helps and if you need any further support on MixMaster please let us know.

Kind regards

Ben