scopes

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
Automod
OneWave
OneWave

scopes

Post by Automod »

Good afternoon all,

Bit of an odd one, but any advise is great.

My budget is very low and still learning with Picoscope, I've been using a 2204a for a while now and was wondering what the 3000's are like and will I benifit over the the one I have now, or just keep saving for the 4000's

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Re: scopes

Post by Iver »

Automod

If you are happy with the 2204 and it does what you need it to do then right there is your answer. A good quality scope is good scope ?

However there are advantages to move towards the Pico Automotive Range, The waveform library is just one and then you may as well jump to a 4 channel, that will make a difference.

Whether you go for the obsolete 3000 or 4000 series or better still the current 4000 with floating grounds has to be a decision you make having researched the specs and your budget.

what type of work do you do ?

Automod
OneWave
OneWave

Post by Automod »

Hi Iver,

I think what I miss more is my 4 channels, I jumped from a Hantek to Pico, which on its own was a great jump, my line of work is diagnosing vehicles, when a scan tool just dont cut it, which brought me more work than I thought it would :D .

At the moment I use my 2204 but also have the Automotive software beside it to help sometimes setting the right settings. What do you know of the 3000's as there is a couple on Ebay at the moment at a good price even though they discontinued.

Iver
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by Iver »

What do you know of the 3000's as there is a couple on Ebay at the moment at a good price even though they discontinued.
It may be a discontinued product however its job is to display Electrical Voltage plotted over time. Neither Voltage or time has changed over the last 100 years that I know about so it is still a valid tool.

I have had my 3423 for some 15 years now and it is still as good as he day I got it. Indeed the desire is to update it however it has neither let me down or placed any limitation on my diagnostic procedure so the budget has always been diverted to accessories and other tools.

The launch of the 4823 - 8 Channel is a game changer something I intend to buy sometime soon.