Kenworth Truck Dealers, "Paccar"

Ask for and share advice on using the PicoScope kit to fix vehicles here.
campbell.kwtech
OneWave
OneWave

Kenworth Truck Dealers, "Paccar"

Post by campbell.kwtech »

Kenworth techs looking for up-loaded waveforms concerning CAN, ABS, some MX engine and other waveforms on Kenworths can search my uploads in the waveform library. You'll need to have a scope connected to you PC and Picoscope Automotive 6 running and you'll have to be logged in to the waveform library (sign-in from the Picoscope 6 software screen-file/drop_down to waveform library browser then sign-in). I think you can search "campbell.kwtech" for my waveforms. If you have a question concerning my waveforms I've up-loaded to the library message or post here.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: Kenworth Truck Dealers, "Paccar"

Post by ben.martins »

Hello campbell.kwtech,

Thank you for these uploads as they will surely help those out there looking for known good references.

For those of you wishing to view these waveforms you will need to add the Kenworth 'make' to your library. We have a generic list that we can add too but will need to ask the software team to add this in to make it easier to find in the future.

I've attached a short video explaining how to add a Make to your waveform library.
Adding a make to Waveform library.mp4
(6.84 MiB) Downloaded 401 times

Thank you once again for the uploads.

Kind regards

Ben

campbell.kwtech
OneWave
OneWave

Thank you Ben!!

David Campbell

mxx20
OneWave
OneWave

Post by mxx20 »

I'm hoping to learn and contribute, as I've finally got my scope in. I worth for a international dealer, but we do all makes and models.

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

Good to have you on board mxx20,

It's great to see more and more HD guys getting involved with Pico and I hope it continues to grow. Being able to share knowledge and experience will make life easier when the job is tough enough already.

The waveform library is definitely growing as more HD guys get involved with Pico which is only going to help us all in the long run. To help build your confidence with the scope practice on known good vehicles and capture things like Cam and Crank sensors, Rail pressure and injector signals and relative compression checks. These will take minimal time to setup but it'll be easier when you need the scope for the difficult jobs. Not only this but you'll start to build you're own library of known good waveforms and if you remember to hit save and share, these will get uploaded to the waveform library for everyone to use as well as a cloud storage for yourself.

Feel free to shout for any advice and support as I know there are some very clever technicians here that are willing to help out.

On another matter (not sure how many people will see this) but would a dedicated HD and Off-Highway section on the forum be useful?

Kind regards

Ben

campbell.kwtech
OneWave
OneWave

Glad to see someone else joining the forum in heavy duty truck mxx20. I can set you up with a CAN start up template for 250 and 500 KB for testing. I do a lot of CAN testing. Good morning Ben, a dedicated Topic for Heavy Duty trucks would be great. I'm certain it won't be long we'll see more and more from the Heavy Duty industry joining.

mxx20
OneWave
OneWave

Post by mxx20 »

Thanks, any assistance in learning is greatly appreciated. I went from a snapon verdict (touch screen died) to a MAC ET2020 i picked up for cheap from facebookmarket but it didnt do what i wanted and bit the bullet and got a 4425a diesel kit. Took a while to get. I mainly do diagnostics here, the wonderful Navistar"accelerated service" diagnostics set up. I just want to be where i need to be for better answers of why the parts failed not just its failed and replace it.

PicoKev
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by PicoKev »

ben.martins wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:05 am
On another matter (not sure how many people will see this) but would a dedicated HD and Off-Highway section on the forum be useful
Whilst noting that I do not play with "Big Boys Tonka's"

The only possible reply is........... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

:arrow: What the heck took you so long! :roll: :roll: :D :D :D

muttnjeff
TwoWaves
TwoWaves

Post by muttnjeff »

@ben.martins, HD and off highway would be great...

ben.martins
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Post by ben.martins »

@PicoKev, think they were just waiting for the right guy to come along and push it in the right direction! :wink:

@muttnjeff and all, I will get the ball rolling on this then and then starting adding some content. We'll see how it plays out to begin with but I hoping we can build up some interest and continue to grow the support.

Thanks again all and look out for the new section on the board!

Kind regards

Ben