I just fixed an ADC-212 to try out the automotive software

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, what you do, and tell us your
experience with our automotive products.
Emin

I just fixed an ADC-212 to try out the automotive software

Post by Emin »

I am not new to oscilloscopes just the Picoscope. I am not an automotive electrician but I would like to cross train to be able to fix more things. I am an electronics & electrical engineering technician, I crew and maintain boats. I repair and inspect boat electrical systems including things like battery chargers, inverters, chartplotters, sonar, CAN based engine monitors and scientific instruments.
In previous work I was trained on gas combustion for micro turbine generators and looked after the electrical and electronics including data-logging, recuperation, inverter, and running a high speed alternator as a motor to start the turbine and then generate electric from it. So there are components similar to an electric vehicle in that.
I also have experience in PLC systems (SCADA) for water oil and electric distribution; film lighting ballasts 200W to 7.5kVA; Amateur radio.
The ADC-212 has quality components in it and looks well made. It just needed a clean of the PCB with some isopropanol around the crystal and associated capacitors. I also cleaned it around the scope inputs on both sides. It had been in a store for 10 years unused since some scientific work involving sea water so when it failed to be recognised by Pico 5.21 on three computers I suspected it did not work. The only version of the Pico Automotive software it works with on both Win10 & XP OS is 6.11.
Version 6.14 both automotive and none automotive the latest and greatest did not see the device. So I removed 6.14 automotive and installed 6.11 instead, which got me to here.