configuration pressure measurements compression test

Ask any questions about using PicoScope 6 Automotive software here.
Marciooliveira
OneWave
OneWave

configuration pressure measurements compression test

Post by Marciooliveira »

Hello friends good morning, it would be interesting to put the option of changes and configuration of pressure measurements, as can be done with custom probes because the values are very out

I am using another type of transducer but with the custom settings worked well the measurements hit the pressure, since the compression test has no option to change nor calibrate the values
Attachments
20200103-0002.psdata
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 391 times
teste pressão.pddata
(90.78 KiB) Downloaded 390 times

Steve Smith
Pico Staff Member
Pico Staff Member

Re: configuration pressure measurements compression test

Post by Steve Smith »

Hello and thank you for the post

Looking at your PDdata file (teste pressão.pddata) we have an engine cranking at 301 rpm which can generate a pressure of approx. 340 psi. One of those cylinders is indicated as lower at 279 psi due to no compensation.

Could you take a look at the following forum post which will help compensate for your pressure test equipment volume? Compensation

Forgive me here were these captures taken from the same vehicle? (I don’t think so)

I ask this because in your capture 20200103-0002.psdata we have a peak of approx. 5.5 bar (80 psi) with an engine running at idle speed
This is quite normal with petrol engines at idle with a closed throttle as the air intake is restricted, unlike your PD absolute compression test which I suspect is a diesel?

The link I have included above will help with both compensation for PD absolute compression tests and for peak compression measurements using a WPS500 with PicoScope

I hope this helps, take care……Steve

Marciooliveira
OneWave
OneWave

Re: configuration pressure measurements compression test

Post by Marciooliveira »

Hello Steve thanks for your return and as always ready to help us, and amazingly it seems yes and the same vehicle these catches, an automatic honda civic 2.0 2016 FLEXONE fuel alcohol and gasoline, so I put this post because the idling measurements are beating yes around 6 bar, I made a custom probe for this transducer where the zero line is equal to WPS500 ie at atmospheric pressure, now the other image was taken at the start of the compression test so I found it very strange because it measured compression engine so that's why I found it interesting if in the future you have the option to make custom probe to work on the compression test too